We care about your privacy and confidentiality.
Fluence and its affiliates are committed to respecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how Fluence and its authorized partners and affiliates (“Fluence”, “We” or “Us”) process your personal data related to Fluence’s websites and internet services (“Websites”).
“Personal data” means any information that can be directly or indirectly used to identify you or another individual. Fluence processes your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679) and other applicable personal data legislation.
In the following, we provide information on the kinds of data We collect on these Websites and the purposes for which We use such data.
Collected personal data
Data provided by You:
In connection with registration to our services, contact inquiries, subscriptions, surveys, polls, or other such relationships, We collect personal data that You have provided to us at the time of the operation with Fluence, including e.g.:
- Contact details (e.g. name, company, job title, business e-mail address)
- Possible feedback and inquiry messages provided by you
- Any other information that may be provided by you
Observed data about your online usage:
When visiting Fluence’s Websites, observed data about your online usage is collected. The data includes e.g.:
Data collected using cookies and other similar technologies, such as the pages browsed by the user, the sites the user accessed Fluence’s websites from, the device model, individual device and/or cookie identifier, the channel through which the service is accessed (web browser, mobile browser, application), browser version, IP address, session identifier, session time and duration, geographical location data, date and time, screen resolution, operating system, clicks, scrolling and mouse movements.
Purpose of processing
The purpose of processing your personal data is to:
- Ensure efficient and secure use of our websites and services
- Develop our websites for better quality and the broader scope of services
- Provide customized services and content recognizing your specific needs and interests
- Enable access to your user accounts
- Communication between us and you and reply to your contact requests, inquiries, and feedback
- Provide marketing information for Fluence products or services via targeted e-mails or interpersonal communication
- Conduct research and collect statistics (e.g. what sections of our websites the users visit and how much time they spend on the Websites)
Information related to job applications is submitted and saved separately in the Careers site and system. More information can be found on the relevant site.
Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for processing your personal data is:
- Performance of a contractual relationship between you and us (e.g. contacting you in relation to subscriptions and registrations and sending newsletters based on Your subscription)
- Legitimate Interest of Fluence (e.g. observing your website usage in order to ensure efficient and secure use of Our websites, to develop our services, to provide customized content to make Our services more relevant to You, to provide marketing material and to collect statistics)
- Your consent
- Your consent will be asked in relation to using website cookies. You will find additional information on how cookies are used on our related web page.
- If You are not a business contact person, Your consent will be asked before providing any e-mail marketing material to you.
Sources of personal data
Your personal data is either collected from You at the time of registration, contact inquiry or subscription, etc. We may also access personal data that You have provided to Fluence by other means.
Furthermore, Your personal data may be received from online technologies, such as cookies, in order to apply to filter, observe usage, and develop Our websites and services.
You will find additional information on how cookies are used on our related web page.
Storing personal data
We handle the personal data that You have provided to Us (such as profile and contact details) separately from observed data about online service use and derived data, typically in separate databases. Observed or derived data about service usage is always stored using identifiers that are typically randomly generated and thus users cannot be personally identified from the identifiers.
Your personal data is stored as long as necessary in relation to the purposes for which the personal data was collected unless there is a legal obligation to retain the personal data longer (e.g. in case of an ongoing legal proceeding).
Disclosure and transfer of personal data
All Fluence group companies may handle your personal data only according to the defined purposes of the processing.
Moreover, processing personal data may be outsourced to our suppliers, consultants, and other service providers to enable the performance of services for us. Furthermore, personal data can be disclosed to third parties in the following situations:
- We may disclose to our contracted parties segment data about observed users for the purpose of targeting advertisements. Advertisers shall not combine this data with an identified user’s personal data without the user’s consent.
- We may also disclose personal data to authorities or to other parties based if required to do so by law.
- Data may be transferred to third parties for scientific or historical research purposes, provided that the information has been anonymized so that the data subject can no longer be identified.
- In the case of mergers, acquisitions, or other kinds of re-arrangements of our business operations, personal data may be transferred to buyers and their advisors.
- In accordance with the service-specific descriptions of personal data files information may be disclosed for direct marketing purposes, as well as opinion polls and market research studies, and other similar studies in accordance with applicable personal data provisions.
In some cases, the recipients of personal data may be located outside of the EU/EEA. We will ensure that sufficient data protection is maintained through appropriate safety measures, e.g., using the EU commission’s standard contractual model clauses.
Fluence is committed to providing You with choices and control over data processing. In this section, we list different ways of influencing data collection and processing.
Right to access, rectification, erasure, restriction, object, and data portability
You have the right to check what kind of personal data has been collected about you. Upon your request, we will modify, remove or supplement any incorrect, unnecessary, incomplete, or outdated personal data. You may also have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data or when the processing is based on our legitimate interests, to object to the processing on grounds relating to Your particular situation. If Your personal data is being processed automatically based on Your consent or in connection with a contract between you and us, You may request your personal data to be provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and Your personal data to be transferred to another data controller, when technically feasible.
Right to withdraw consent
If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, You have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time.
Opt-out from direct marketing
You have the right to prevent your information from being used for direct sales or marketing purposes, and for electronic direct marketing purposes. You can opt out from receiving marketing material by using the contact details provided below, or in the event of e-mail marketing, directly from the e-mail material.
Right to file a complaint
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection authority in relation to our processing of your personal data.
Updating the Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to update this Privacy Notice as We regularly need to develop our business processes, related policies, and follow up the changing personal data legislation. We encourage you to review this Privacy Notice from time to time for any amendments.
If You have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or the use of Your personal data in Fluence, please contact us at: