At Fluence Energy, we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal data. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, and disclose your personal data in relation to our Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) Policy.
Personal Data We Collect
Under our BYOD Policy, we may collect the following personal data from you:
- Your name, contact information (phone number, etc), and other identifying information necessary to provide IT support and manage access to company resources;
- Information about your personal device, such as make and model, device manufacturer, owner, name, ID, serial number, operating system and version, IMEI, location, app inventory and app names;
- Information about your use of company resources, including network access logs, device activity logs, and other system logs, files in corporate cloud storage, corporate emails
How We Use Your Personal Data
We will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide IT support and technical assistance for your personal device;
- To manage access to company resources, such as email, files, and applications;
- To monitor and analyze device and network activity for security and compliance purposes;
- To enforce our BYOD Policy and other policies and procedures governing the use of personal devices for work purposes.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data to the following parties:
- IT service providers and vendors who support our BYOD Policy and provide technical assistance and support for personal devices;
- Internal departments responsible for managing access to company resources and enforcing our BYOD Policy;
- Law enforcement or other governmental authorities where required by law or to protect our legal rights.
Transfers of Your Personal Data
Your personal data may be transferred to and processed in countries outside of your home country, including countries that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We will ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable data protection laws and that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as required by law or our internal retention policies. When no longer required, we will securely delete or anonymize your personal data.
Under applicable data protection laws, you may have certain rights with respect to your personal data, including the right to access, rectify, erase, restrict processing, and object to processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability and to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
If you have any questions or concerns about our BYOD Policy or this Privacy Notice, please contact our Data Protection and Privacy Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using your personal device for work purposes under our BYOD Policy, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal data as described in this Privacy Notice.